Monday, September 7, 2009

Austin Pictures

Here's Jax, just chillin' in our backyard pool.

Madeline, Jax, and Mommy wading in the water at Barton Springs in Austin

What a face!

Our little Jack-o-lantern mouthed kid

He was so happy to be around water!

Madeline loved wading in the water.

Another shot of all of us in the water

Daddy and Madeline on the Zilker Park train

So precious!
We decided to get out of town for Labor Day weekend and check out Austin, since we had never been there before. What a great city! We really liked it. There was a University of Texas game going on that day, and I've never seen so many burnt orange shirts in my life! There is some serious school pride in that town.
We went to Zilker Park, which is a nice playground/park area close to downtown surrounded by nice jogging and biking trails everywhere. Madeline played at the playground and Daddy took her on a ride on the train. Then we went down into the Barton Springs area and cooled off by wading in the water a bit. The kids both loved this. I wished we had brought swimsuits for everybody. Then we stopped in at the Austin Nature and Science Center just a few minutes away to check out some of their fish, animals, and nature exhibits. It was a really fun day!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

What AMAZING pics!!!! You have such a beautiful family! It looks like you really had fun.
Love you!
Gwen

melissa said...

how fun! I didn't know you went to Austin-I grew up there you know. I love Zilker Park and Barton Springs-your post made me smile with memories :) glad you enjoyed my city