Sunday, September 20, 2009

Madeline just made my day!

I was just putting Madeline down for her nap and she kept saying she wanted a song and that she wanted to "try a guy" or something like that. I couldn't figure out what she was saying, and she was getting more and more frustrated with me. Finally I realized that she was trying to say "Child of God." I didn't even knew she knew that song! I mean, we've sung it before as a family of course, but she never seemed very interested. I imagine she must have really learned it in nursery. So I sang her the song and she tried to sing along with me, and she was beaming the whole time. It was a special moment - I loved it.

3 comments:

Crafting is my Therapy said...

Don't these little people just amaze you over and over? That is such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Brenna said...

I'm in primary right now... and I get these stories each week from our parents. Oh the things they learn!

Gwen said...

Ahhhhh sweet. I'm actually in nursery right now. I love hearing these kinds of stories from my parents of our kids.